LawyersKey - Lawyers Key » Lawyers List » Property Lawyer » How do i get money back from stolen property?

  #1 (permalink)
: Back in October my Moped was stolen from me while I was at work. It is only 49 CC's so there was no insurance or registration on it. Back in march they found my moped during a traffic stop. (it was identified by the VIN number) The man who was caught on it was then arrested. On Tuesday I have the opportunity to go to the court house as a "victim". During the trail the man will plea for pretrial rehabilitation. If granted rehab, he will then be on probation for 2 years. After 2 years the charges will be dropped. But if I go to the court house and object and the jury sides with me then he can face jail time. What I want is to get reimbursed for my losses. I did get the moped back but there were many things wrong with it that I had to replace. (around 500 dollars). Also, I was attending college when it got stolen so without a vehicle I missed many classes which then put me on academic probation. so I want to also be reimbursed for my inconveniences. What I'm looking for is anywhere between 1500-3000 dollars. Is there anyway to make that possible?

Please note that I cant really afford a lawyer.

and how do I get reimbursed if I object and he goes to jail?

  Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)
: You can sue the thief but he probably doesn't have that much money.
  Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
: You should as the prosecutor to include "full restitution" in the criminal complaint and any plea bargain or probation.
  Reply With Quote



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Friendly Sites:

Copyright 2014,