LawyersKey - Lawyers Key » LawyersKey » Labour Lawyer » How do I file a Duty of Fair Representation form?

  #1 (permalink)
: I called the Union after a preferred position in my building opened up, and management was planning on handing it to this other guy. Management claimed the guy had seniority over me, but I argued the fact because the guy just transferred onto our sort. After talking with my union rep, he was in agreement with management even tho I was quoting the contract on where I was correct.

In the end I was told I was wrong, there is nothing I can do about it, and just to deal with it.

Now, we've had another guy transfer onto our sort trying to go into a preferred position. He lasted less than 2 weeks before going back to the sort he was on because he was told he had to stay at the unloader position for 6 months before he can get a preferred position (exactly what I was telling my union rep/management).

I would like to know what I can do about this because I am missing out on at least 1 hour 15 mins a week all due to the union and the company I work for, as far as I can tell, breached contract.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated!

  Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)
: You need to hire a labor lawyer to take on the union.
If all this is taking you 1 hr and 15 min per week, that is on YOUR clock, not the employers
  Reply With Quote



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I would like to know what form do I use to file for visitation rights for my child in the state of Arkansas Ph? Curtis Family Lawyer 1 02-19-2014 04:03 AM
Do i still owe the lawyer if they failed to send in the legal representation form to social security? Thealia Work Lawyer 2 02-04-2014 04:02 AM
what form to file contesting a will? MaryannB Work Lawyer 0 06-08-2013 07:06 AM
How much would a lawyer charge to file a criminal 701 form? Ddymond Work Lawyer 0 05-27-2013 10:06 PM
Which court form should be used to file suit? Unknown_User Maryland Lawyer 4 05-15-2013 07:27 AM

Friendly Sites:

Copyright 2014,