LawyersKey - Lawyers Key » Lawyers List » Immigration Lawyer » Drivers license g1 Id question?

  #1 (permalink)
: I live in canada and I went to the Brampton g1 test centre, and my permanent resident card is expired and I applied for a passport. They said that without those documents I can't do the test because I need a signature or whatever idk. But she said I could apply for a card, a special card from the government that would allow me to write the test?
Can anyone tell me that card? I forgot to ask her the name of it :/

  Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)
: Why are you worried about a driver's license if you have an expired permanent residency card?

If you fail to renew your permanent residency card, you will lose your permanent residency status and be deported from Canada. You should be talking with your parents, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or an immigration lawyer about not being deported from Canada... not worrying about driving.

You can't apply for a Canadian passport unless you are a Canadian citizen. The only exception is if you are a refugee with permanent residency in Canada and your government refuses to issue you a passport. Since your permanent residency has expired... you are no longer a permanent resident. In any case you can't get a passport from an expired permanent residency card.
  Reply With Quote



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Friendly Sites:

Copyright 2014,