LawyersKey - Lawyers Key » LawyersKey » Custody Lawyer » moving out of state/custody related. need advice asap please!?

  #1 (permalink)
: So I have a son who is 5 years old. His father and I haven't been together for 5 years. About 3 years ago, I filed for child support but we never went through a custody case or anything of the sort. We had a mutual verbal agreement between us and it has worked great so far. However, in about a year I plan to move quite far. (From North Carolina to Colorado) what legal issues should I be looking forward to and what official will I need to talk to? Obviously one being the person who handles my child support case but, do I need to talk to a lawyer about custody arrangements? Or is the verbal thing okay?

Any and all advice welcomed. I've never been in a situation like this and don't know of anyone personally. Just trying to get a heads up of what to expect and prepare myself for. Please keep in mind that this move is happening in a year, if not before.

  Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)
: To be honest you may need to work out a custody arrangement and a child support schedule . It could get messy if he fights for visitation and or custody, If you two can work out visitation and he has no issues with the move/payments then a notarized agreement should satisfy the court
  Reply With Quote



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Friendly Sites:

Copyright 2014,