LawyersKey - Lawyers Key » USA Laywers » Atlanta Lawyer » how to file a motion for contempt?

  #1 (permalink)
: I am living in Georgia (where my divorce and visitation was granted) My ex husband lives in Ohio with the children. I was also living in Ohio but have since moved back to Georgia becuz my husband is military. my ex husband has constantly over the years kept me from seeing the kids but the court in Ohio said I would have to file contempt in georgia becuz thats where the visitation was granted and they are only addressing the child support issue..I could never do much about it from ohio becuz of that with little money and paying child support..Now that im back in Georgia. that was going to be my first order of business. I have now been informed by the court down here that I will have to file visitation contempt in OHio!!!! I tried to explain that they told me i cant do it up there. but they just said.. that i have to do it whre the children live! I dont know where to go from here. I dont know who is right and who is wrong or what to do. I feel im gettin the short end of the stick. I only want to see my children!..

  Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)
: you file where the kids LIVE...
  Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
: Contact a family law attorney.
  Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
: From what you've written it would appear correct that you have to file contempt in GA because that's where the visitation rights were granted. I live in Atlanta and know that you can get a lot of bad information from "public service" employees. I suggest that you contact the court again and keep asking for someone in a position of authority. If this gets you nowhere I think you have no alternative other than to contact a lawyer.
Since writing the above I found this on google:
If you are having problems with visitation, you should first contact the Family Services Office in the court where the visitation orders were made.
  Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
: I think this may shed some light on your current situation:
  Reply With Quote



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do i file contempt of court? anthonya Custody Lawyer 4 09-15-2013 04:02 PM
Can I file a Pitchess Motion in PA? Regina Lawyer Search 1 08-13-2013 10:01 PM
What do i file for contempt of court in family law in state of az? Mark Family Lawyer 2 06-30-2013 10:04 PM
What motion do I file for full custody? reshawnna Lawyer Office 4 06-11-2013 10:05 PM
what motion do i need to file? reshawnna Work Lawyer 1 06-10-2013 07:06 AM

Friendly Sites:

Copyright 2014,