LawyersKey - Lawyers Key » USA Laywers » American Lawyer » Whether NRI father, employee in USA is liable to support his child of US origin living in INDIA?

  #1 (permalink)
: There are disputes between my daughter and son in law who are Indians and working there in US. . They are green card holders. They gave birth to a child in USA and he is American citizen. At present they are living separately in USA. The child, my grand son is living with me in India and i am giving him education and looking after him. The child is kept with me with the consent of both parents and my son in law promised to support the child. Now My son in law refusing to support his child as he is living with his maternal grand parents in INDIA. My question is whether the father is liable to support or he can refuse to support because the child is living in India.
Plz see the child stay in India is authorized and with consent of both parents.

  Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)
: That is something a family court needs to decide.

It may have been deemed illegal to remove the child to India to begin with. Get a lawyer and let them figure out the situation.
  Reply With Quote



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I am indian national living in Malaysia and need to file for divorce back in India.? sun Lawyer For Divorce 0 12-11-2013 04:01 PM
Is it a possibility that the court will take my child's father off child support? Jaumonica Lawyer Office 8 08-30-2013 04:01 PM
(VERY long) Can a parent collect child support if the child is over 18 and no longer living with them? Max Lawyer For Divorce 3 05-15-2013 07:19 AM
What to do to prevent my babies' father to ask for the sole custody of our children in his country of origin? WorriedMommyof2 Motorcycle Lawyer 1 05-15-2013 07:11 AM
Im 17, Can I sue my father for child support? Shelby Criminal Lawyer 4 04-09-2013 07:08 AM

Friendly Sites:

Copyright 2014,